BO CCNA Course/coursematerials/RIP Router Setup
Connect the following equipment in Packet Tracer
- Create Labels indicating the different networks
- Document the IP addresses assigned to the devices using Labels
- Do a basic Router configuration
- Configure hostname
- Configure an enable password
- Configure a VTY password
- Configure a Console password
- Enable password encryption
- Set a loggin banner
Use the show commands you know to verify Layer1+2 connectivity?
- Configure IP addresses
- The Lowest IP address should be assigned to the Router on each LAN segment
- The DCE Router should use the lowest IP address on each Serial line
- The DTE Router should use the second IP address on each Serial line
- Connect a PC to all the end networks, and give it the .10 IP address
Are all the end devices able to ping their Default Gateway?
Are all the Routers able to ping their neighbours?
- Configure RIPv1 routing
- Enable debug ip rip on the routers as you enable RIP
- Configure the network statement on all the connected networks. Remember: only use the classfull network
- Verify the routing table on all the routers
- Disable debuging
What is the network address R2 propagetes to R3?
Do the routers support receiving RIPv2 packets?
Do all the routers see all the networks with the correct network mask?
Are all the end devices able to ping the other end devices?
- Configure RIPv2 Routing
- Enable debug ip rip on the routers as you enable RIPv2
- Configure all the routers to use RIPv2
Why does R2 still propagate the classfull 172.30.0.0/16 network to R3?
- Configure the routers to disable auto summerization at the boundary router
Do you now have the expected routing table?
- Loopback Interfaces
- Subnet the 10.240.0.0/23 into 8 smaller subnets with 62 host addresses on each
- Assign the lowest addres on the first 4 subnets to 4 Loopback interfaces on R1
- Assign the lowest addres on the highest 4 subnets to 4 Loopback interfaces on R3
- Add all the Loobpack interfaces to RIP
Do a debug - Is RIP sending updates on the Loopback interfaces?
- Disable updates on the Loopback interfaces
- Move 3 of the Loopback interfaces with theire network from R3 to R1
- Create a summary route for the entire 10.240.0.0/23 on R1 and redistribute it into RIP
Now take a look at the routing table on R3